Food as Medicine
"Recipes for Healthy Living: Empowerment, Nutrition, Longevity"
This activity has been approved for 2 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
Your fork is the most powerful tool to heal your body. Learn about the influence of nutrition on patients' wellbeing and how food can help manage chronic diseases and improve overall health. Register for the presentation and cooking demonstration! and discover the power of nutrition. It is vital for physicians to be able to educate their patients about nutrition to achieve optimal health.
Upon completion of this activity, learners should be able to:
1. Articulate the fundamental principles of how dietary choices impact health outcomes, including the prevention and management of chronic diseases.
2. Develop the skills necessary to conduct a comprehensive assessment of patients' nutritional needs and dietary patterns, enabling them to make evidence-based recommendations for dietary interventions.
3. Integrate nutritional counseling and dietary recommendations into their clinical practice, tailoring advice to meet individual patient needs and preferences.
4. List the latest evidence-based guidelines and research findings related to medical nutrition therapy, enabling physicians to make informed decisions about dietary interventions for specific medical conditions.
5. Recognize the importance of interdisciplinary collaboration with registered dietitians and nutritionists, learning how to work together effectively to optimize patient outcomes through dietary interventions.
TIA TRIVISONNO, ND, LAC, MSOM
Dr. Tia is deeply committed to advancing access to naturopathic medicine and promoting a paradigm shift for a more cooperative system of health care. She has years of clinical experience working with patients and their families as a naturopathic health professional and acupuncturist. She is currently in two integrative clinical settings on Long Island, New York that employ a unique team-based approach to managing patient care, Transformational Healing Solutions in Glen Head, NY, and Rejuvenation Health in East Hampton, NY. She is the President of the New York Association of Naturopathic Physicians (NYANP).
KATERINA TSAPOS PARMELE, MD, FACEP, IFMCP
Katerina (Kathy) Tsapos Parmele, MD, FACEP is a board-certified Emergency Medicine physician, Director of Wellness at CalvertHealth Emergency Medicine and a member of ACLM. Her passion for lifestyle medicine was initiated during a period of burnout in her own clinical practice. She successfully combatted this burnout by personally adhering to lifestyle medicine principles and decided that she would dedicate her life towards helping other physicians do the same. She is the founder of HealThySelf HealThyWorld, LLC which aims to spread the lifestyle medicine message to clinicians in order to pay it forward exponentially to their patients. She is a Harvard- certified CHEF Coach and a Wellcoaches Health and Wellness Coach. She is an avid endurance athlete, having completed 14 marathons and 4 Ironman triathlons to date. She is also an avid Greek cook and spreads the culinary medicine message to others one delicious forkful at a time.
Friday, November 10, 2023