Core Values shape and guide how people do their work and behave while doing it. An organization’s core values state its essential and enduring beliefs and are not to be compromised for financial gain or short-term expediency. They help bring out the energies and talents of the organization’s people and provide a framework for how people are to perform and behave.
The 1998 Strategic Planning Team articulated the following as MSD’s core values:
Honesty and Integrity
- Treating each other in an ethical, trustworthy, and sincere manner that reflects the highest personal and professional standards
- Committed to the tenets of the Hippocratic oath in serving our patients, peers, and profession
- Able to determine what is important and to get that done; not only doing things right, but doing the right things.
- Proactively responding to the needs of our members, profession, and communities.
- Capable and qualified to serve our members and the profession; remaining current with industry trends and member needs.
- Promoting Just and Equitable treatment for people of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religions, classes, and abilities.